Save the date: April 27, Birmingham
The NNEF is proud to announce the date of its forthcoming annual conference: Friday 27th April 2018. The agenda will be finalised in the coming weeks but we are excited about the various presentations confirmed to date. The West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner will open the day with his recommendations to address drug use more effectively.
Some of the other topics include:
- Drug Consumption Rooms and the Law
- The Glasgow Drug Consumption Room situation
- CGL's Fentanyl Pilot
- The Queen Elizabeth Hospital's Community HCV Treatment
- Pharmacy Needle Syringe Programmes
- Naloxone distribution inequalities
- Wound Care and Therapeutic Relationships
- Harm Reduction Barriers from an Enforcement Point of View
- Findings on Street Drug Trends from the West Midlands Toxicology Laboratory
The day will close with a keynote speech on the urgent need for Harm Reduction initiatives by Dr Judith Yates and the NNEF AGM.
Register for the conference on eventbrite
Date: Friday 27th April 2018 from 9.00 - 17.00
Venue: Carr's Lane Church, Birmingham B4 7SX
Train stations: both New St and Moor St are 5 - 10 mins walk.
Car parking: NCP High St, Dale End, B4 7LN is just around the corner.
Travelodge Birmingham Central Moor St is right opposite the venue, rooms from £37.
Clayton Hotel is 5 mins walk, rooms from £80
If you or your organisation are interested in helping us by sponsoring the event and/or having a stand please get in touch.